BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Three Sisters Vineyard's Wine Festival

This weekend Ben and I decided to go to a wine tasting festival. It was quite smaller than we anticipated but it was a huge relief to get out into the mountainside once again. As you can see it was a beautiful view and just some good-old-country fun. I chose to be the taster (since I like wine) and Ben chose to be the DD. We bought one bottle of southern rose as well as some chocolate peanut butter fudge- can you guess who bought what?? (I bought the wine, Ben bought the fudge). There was supposed to be a famous chef there... from Jimmy Buffet's yacht... cooking pulled pork BBQ and chips, but by the time we got there it was sold out :( It was a wonderful afternoon with great weather and we are glad that we went.- additional pictures are below...

My first week at fieldwork went well. I already have one patient and am gradually getting another one. I am gaining independence quickly and hope to be impressing my supervisor. I am starting to become more independent in my documentation, which is the hardest part to get used to (all the abbreviations and formatting of the computer programs). But I'm excited to start my second half... I got to go where I'll be the second half for about an hour on Friday. Crazy stuff in the ICU- but I can't wait to get up there and learn more. I also hope to sit in on a few surgeries, and the woman I will be with said she would try to get me into seeing surgeries soon.

What tops off the weekend is the fact that Ben and I are sitting here on the couch watching the Phillies! And better yet, they're winning. I don't want to start another week, but I know we will have more fun this upcoming weekend... we get to see The Fray on Friday and Keith Urban & Taylor Swift on Saturday!! :o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wine tasting and fudge in one afternoon, my kind of day! Glad you ventured out and found something different to do. There is probably something like that every weekend. Hope your second week at work goes even better than the first. Enjoy the concerts and let me know about Keith! Love to you both!

Mayday28 said...

Sounds like you guys have all kinds of fun stuff planned, enjoy your time together! Good luck with work, i am sure you are impressing everyone. Keep us updated, i love the pic's since i have never been there...xoxo miss you sis!