BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Keith Urban/Taylor Swift and The Fray

The great weekend all started out by seeing The Fray at Chastain Park. The venue was awesome and they played a great show. The only catch was that it was pouring down rain!! Thats right, I stayed out in the pouring rain, in a sun dress, and watched The Fray. Not many people left, and they said that as long as we stayed they were going to keep playing. It proved to be a great show and an experience to remember!

Then Saturday night we got to see Keith Urban and Taylor Swift at the Philips Arena (kinda like the Giant Center). Taylor sounded great, but Keith took the show. While Taylor was playing, I turned around and noticed Keith's drummer just standing watching the show, so what did I do??... Of course I walked right up to him and introduced myself and got a picture! Once Ben got back from a beer/pretzle run, he did the same :o) From researching previous shows... we knew that he would walk out into the crowd and stand up on a platform to play at one point. As my GREAT concert luck would have it, the platfrom was right by our seats! So before the show even started, I planted myself right next to the platfrom and sure enough, after a few songs, he came out into the crowd and up onto the platform! I touched his leg and Ben and I both touched his acoustic guitar! It was so weird, we could even hear him strum his electric guitar strings! We didn't get his guitar this time but it was the next best thing! Do I have great luck at concerts or what!? What an awesome weekend...

(check out the pictures... up close and personal- no zoom needed)





















0 comments: